1/2 Photos of Chocolate Chip Cornbread
From bon appetit magazine -- a Casa Luna Bed & Breakfast recipe! The unusual addition of chocolate enhances the moistness and roasty corn flavor of this breakfast loaf. Can also be made as muffins --
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. (For glass loaf pan, reduce oven temp to 350F.).
- 2Spray a 9x5x3 inch metal loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 4Stir in chocolate chips.
- 5In a medium bowl, whisk milk, canola oil, and eggs.
- 6Add milk mixture to dry ingredients; stir just to blend.
- 7Transfer to prepared pan. Bake bread for about 35 minutes, until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool 10 minutes. Invert cornbread loaf onto rack ~ cool slightly and serve warm, or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.4
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 55.9 mg
- Sodium 198.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 5.9 g