Recipe by papergoddess
Great mix to give as gifts for the Holidays, or just to keep on hand for a "quickie" cookie fix!!
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups shortening
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 (12 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- Cut in shortening until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to six months.
- TO BAKE: In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in 7 CUPS cookie mix until well blended (if dough is dry, add 1-2 tbs. water) Drop by teaspoonsful onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake@ 375 F for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.