Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar
- Ready In:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup instant coffee
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1 cup butter or 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Mix the salt and baking soda in with the flour, then layer the ingredients except for the instant coffee, egg, margarine and water into the jar so that would be Brown sugar, sugar, chocolate chips, flour mixed with salt and baking soda.
- Place the instant coffee in a snack size baggie and seal.
Attach a gift card with the following instructions:
- Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Sift dry ingredients through a colander to separate the chocolate chips from other ingredients.
- Beat 1 cup of unsalted butter or margarine or butter flavored Crisco in a medium bowl.
- Dissolve the coffee in 2 tablespoons hot water.
- Beat sifted ingredients into butter until blended.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mix beaten egg mixture into butter mixture until blended.
- Add dissolved coffee and beat again.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop teaspoonsful of batter, spaced well apart, (or roll into balls) onto a greased cookie sheet.
- The cookie yield is approximate as I always make large cookies.
- Bake at 350-375 degrees F for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
i made these tonight, they were pretty good! I did modify the recipe and use applesauce instead of butter because I am on a diet, which changed the texture (and taste im sure) a bit. I might put a little less coffee in next time tho, i thought it was a bit strong, could have just been the blend I was using tho.
The cookies themselves were very good. Crisp with good chocolate chip flavor in a background of coffee. I was afraid the coffee flavor would be too intense because the cookie batter was so dark, but I was wrong. I baked them at 350 for about 14 minutes. The reason I dropped a star was because there was no way that a batch would fit inside a quart jar. And if I had added up the ingredients ahead of time, I would have realized it. (5 and 1/3 cups dry ingredients) Make this recipe for the yummy flavor, not to put in a jar!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a vegetarian and I love to cook. I have been trying to incorporate whole wheat into my baked goods and have been eating much healthier foods. I really don't have a favorite cookbook, I mainly try different recipes out on the internet.