Recipe by geminicook1
Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough that im making for dinner tonight
Top Review by Cook+Princess
This recipe might be fabulous, but it is written in a very disorganized fashion and is difficult to follow as written. The ingredients really ought to be listed in the order they are used and also divided in sections according to which part of the recipe they belong to - crust, filling, topping, etc. Also, the amounts given in the list of ingredients don't make sense - for example, the cheesecake mixture calls for 1 cup of white sugar, which happens to be listed between the crust ingredients at the top of the ingredient list. Further down the list are the ingredients for the cookie dough. That calls for 1/4 cup of sugar, then at the bottom of the ingredients list it calls for another 2 teaspoons of sugar, which step #6 of the directions tells us is going to be used for the topping. The instructions, however, state that the crust requires yet another 2 tablespoons of white sugar, which are not listed anywhere among the ingredients. Doesn't mean the recipe won't make a wonderful cheesecake, but it's almost impossible to find out if you try to follow it as written, so what I plan to do is try to rewrite the recipe in the proper order and sort out what goes where, and how much of it, according to the directions, assuming those are, in fact, correct, and then once I've tried to make this, I'll come back and rate and review the final product...and maybe repost it in a way that is more practical to follow.
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, diced
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix the chocolate wafer cookie crumbs with 2 tablespoons of the white sugar, and the melted butter. Press firmly into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of one 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 8 minutes.
- To Make Cookie Dough: In a bowl beat 1/4 cup butter or margarine with the brown sugar and 1/4 cup of the white sugar. Stir in the water and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Beat in the flour and the semisweet chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
- To Make Cheesecake: In a food processor or with a mixer beat 1 cup of the white sugar, and all the cream cheese. Add 1 cup of the sour cream, the eggs, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Mix well and pour into prepared crust.
- Drop cookie dough in 2 tablespoon portions evenly over the top of the cake, pushing dough beneath the surface. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 40 minutes. Cake will jiggle slightly in center. Spread topping over hot cake. Let cake cool than chill in a refrigerator until cold, at least 4 hours.
- To Make Topping: Mix the remaining 1 cup sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and the 2 teaspoons white sugar until smooth. Spread over hot cake.