Recipe by Possumgirl (Randy)
My neighbors here in the Pyrenees had never tasted banana bread, so I played around until I came up with one that would really "wow" them!
Top Review by gcmedrano
This recipe is a little confusing in that it doesn't list the ingredients in the order used. It never mentions the butter should be melted or when to add the heavy cream. Also, this amount of ingredients for me made 4 mini loaves plus 1 full loaf. The bread itself was good but maybe the amounts should be adjusted.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 5 large very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips (for those who don't like chocolate) or 1 cup raisins (for those who don't like chocolate)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, eggs and bananas and vanilla.
- Add sugar. Blend until smooth
- Add salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour.
- Mix well.
- Add raisins or chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Spoon into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes or until tester comes out clean, could take up to an hour.