Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Decadent little squares are habit forming and very rich. They are a nice end to a dinner when you just want to serve a little something. If you can't find chocolate wafers - use vanilla wafers and add 1 tablespoon instant chocolate pudding powder to the crumbs.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (30 wafers)
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped and divided
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt butter in 9" square baking pan while oven is preheating to 350 degrees.
- Stir in crumbs and 1/2 cup walnuts until well blended.
- Pat evenly to cover bottom.
- In small bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, cocoa, egg and vanilla until smooth and well blended.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts (1/4 cup).
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Cut in 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Keep chilled.