Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A lower-fat recipe from Everyday Food January/February 2004. Allow extra time to cool and chill.
- cooking spray
- 8 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Coat an 8" square baking pan with cooking spray. Line with two crisscrossed pieces of parchment or wax paper, spraying between sheets. Spray lined pan; set aside.
- Process cookies in a food processor until finely ground.
- Press crumbs into bottom of prepared pan (do not rinse processor bowl).
- Blend cream cheese and sour cream in food processor until smooth.
- Add cocoa, cornstarch, sugar, egg, and egg white; process until smooth.
- Pour into pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake until just set, 35-40 minutes; cool completely in pan.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Invert onto a tray; peel off paper, and reinvert crust side down. Cut in 9 squares.
Excellent dessert! I used a combination of milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips on top and it was great.