Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
DM and I fought over who was going to post this recipe on here!! But of course I won!! I remember my mum making this during the day while I was at primary school. My brother, DD, and I loved this recipe and pleaded for DM to make it again and again!!
- Mix biscuit crumbs and butter in a bowl until combined. Press firmly into a foil lined 18 x 28cm slab tin. Refrigerate until required.
- Prepare filling using an electric mixer, beat cheese until creamy. Gradually add condensed milk, beating constantly. Beat in lemon juice, scraping down mixture from sides of bowl as you beat, until thickened.
- Whisk gelatin into water with a fork until dissolved. Allow to cool slightly. Beat gelatin mixture into the cream cheese muxture. Fold in cream. Pour over prepared base.
- Pour melted melts evenly over filling. Using the point of a knife, swirl melts through the filling.
- Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares to serve. Store in refrigerator.
Well P.W.K. What can I say! I used a little but more gelatine to make the it set a bit firmer, and it turned out a treat. You have to work fast with the chocolate on the top at it sets quickly and turns hard and into chunks. So to avoid this I poured the chocolate on in sections and quickly swirled it, then moved on to the next section this avoids the chocolate hardening to quickly and getting chunks. Great recipe and very very yummy!
Made this for the DH and he liked it but would have liked it better if it was a bit firmer and the base was not quite so crumbly. Actually made this twice but the first time I forgot to add the whipped cream and the chocolate started to set before I could swirl it through so there was little chunks of chocolate. Made for Edition 3 - Make My Recipe - a game of tag.
Thanks for this one, the kids loved it! It was quick and easy to put together, although it didn't set as firmly as I thought it might. I made it in a round spring-form cake tin as the slice tray would have been too shallow. A great sweet treat or dessert!