Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
For those of you who love rum and raisins this is a nice dessert for you this recipe was out of a food recipe magazine
- 185 g dark chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- 1 tablespoon water
- 185 g cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 600 ml thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- Line a 23 cm flan tin with plastic wrap hanging over edges.
- Melt chocolate in saucepan over boiling water/ you can do this in a microwave.
- Spread 2/3 of melted chocolate over base and sides of tin.
- reserve remaining chocolate.
- Refrigerate case until set.
- Place raisins and rum in bowl stand for 20 minute.
- sprinkle gelatine over water, dissolve over hot water.
- beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy.
- fold in softly beaten cream (300ml) and gelatine mixture.
- divide in 2.
- fold raisin mixture into one portion.
- fold reserved chocolate into other portion.
- spoon raisin and chocolate mixture alternately into case.
- refrigerate until set.
- remove cheesecake from plastic and tin pipe cream on top sprinkle with cocoa.