Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
So simple, so easy, so delicious, and you would be a dummy not to make these!
Make and share this Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies for Dummies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the box.
- If there are directions for cakelike brownies (as opposed to ooey gooey brownies) go for that one.
- Fold the white chocolate chips into the batter.
- Spread into a greased 9 x 9 inch pan.
- Using an electic mixer, beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar and lemon juice for 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the brownie mixture.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick poked in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into 9 pieces.
I made these for the Cooking Tribute to Mirj and they were delicious. I did swirl the cheesecake mixture into the brownie (to hide it from my picky son) and I also used a bigger pan (don't have 9x9) but it all came out just fine anyway. Picky son even loved them!
These came out very good and they were pretty easy, too. Even my son, who hates cheesecake, went for these. I was unsure if I should swirl the cheese mixture into the batter, because this is the only way I've ever seen this type of brownie done. Since the recipe did not say to swirl, I didn't. I think I may try it next time, though, because although these are quite tasty, the top almost looks like macaroni and cheese. The cheese mixture got a little brown and when I took them out of the oven (after only 30 minutes), my husband said "I thought you were making brownies!" I used a large brownie mix (for a 9x13 pan) and made it in a 8x10 pan (I do not own a 9 x 9 square pan). I was not sure what size brownie mix, but when I saw the cooking time, I figured it was the larger package cooked in a small pan to produce a thicker brownie. All in all, I was happy the way these turned out, but I am still not sure if I prepared them correctly!
Very yummy. These were a hit with everyone who tried a piece. I swirled the cheescake mixture into the brownie mix, as did Robin W. I used a Pampered Chef 9" square baker. (Finally, I've found a recipe that works perfect with this odd-sized 9" x 9" pan.) A great way to use up all those brownie mixes I have in my freezer!