Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lovely cookie recipe, which my family loves.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 125 g cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 60 g melted chocolate
- 280 g sifted plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sifted baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecan nuts or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup pecan nuts or 1⁄4 cup walnuts, extra for decoration
- Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg milk and vanilla and mix in well.
- Blend in the melted chocolate, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the chopped nuts. Drop tespoons of the mixture onto a greased baking tray. Decorate with the extra nuts. Bake in a moderate oven for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
I doubled the recipe. This is hands down a 5 star recipe! Everyone loved it! I doubled the recipe and did not add extra nuts for decoration. Personal preference. And I also decreased the vanilla to 2 tsp for a double batch. I thought the cookie would be a little more chocolately than it was. But that's okay. The flavor was outstanding! I think next time I would do cocoa powder instead of melted chocolate. Made for the October Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
This is a very tasty cookie! My daughters actually baked these and they were very good! Thanks!