1/4 Photos of Chocolate Chai Latte Cookies
1 hr 10 mins
Muffin Goddess's Note:
Adapted from a recipe I found in a Land O'Lakes holiday cookie mag. Unusual but good (calls for a cake mix as the cookie base). They went over pretty well with my favorite group of culinary guinea pigs, my coworkers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) butter recipe chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (see note below)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk (I use skim)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (can use semisweet if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (see note below)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients in the cookie list except for the chips. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and well mixed.
- 3Stir in chips.
- 4Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls (I use a small cookie scoop). Place about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 5Bake at 350F for about 9 to 11 minutes, or until tops are set (slight underbaking will provide more fudgy chewy cookies).
- 6Cool cookies on baking sheet for about 2 minutes. Remove cookies to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- 7While cookies are cooling, combine the dry drizzle ingredients in a small bowl. Add milk or water gradually, mixing well between additions, until you achieve the consistency you like.
- 8Drizzle over cooled cookies. Allow drizzled cookies to dry fully before packing cookies for storage or transport.
- 9NOTE: In place of the spices in the cookies, you can use 3 tbs. of instant chai latte mix (any flavor).
- 10NOTE: You can substitute 1 1/2 cups white chocolate/semisweet swirled chips for the separate types, if you prefer.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chai Latte Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.6
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 6.8 mg
- Sodium 75.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g