Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This slice is NOT for the diet concious! Very rich and very yummy and did I mention very easy! You can substitute chocolate for a different kind, but if you use a chocolate with a creamy filling freeze the chocolate for an hour before using.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 125 g butter, melted
- 500 g hazelnut milk chocolate, broken into squares
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 395 g sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat your oven to 180C no fan/160C fan forced. Grease and line base and sides of a 16cm x 26cm slab pan with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on both long sides.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar and desiccated coconut in a bowl. Add butter and stir to combine. Press mixture over the base of the prepared pan. Bake 10-15 minutes or until light golden. Set aside to cool.
- Scatter the broken chocolate over the cooled base. Sprinkle with shredded coconut. Drizzle condensed milk over the slice, tap the pan on the bench to settle the milk. Bake for 28-30 minutes or until edges are golden and centre is firm to touch. Allow slice to cool completely in pan and when completely cook, cut into pieces to serve.
Deliciously sinful and an easy slice to make. Made today by my 6 yo daulghter Holly...with some help from me. We used a gluten-free blended flour and I added about 2 tablespoons almond meal to make this recipe suitable for gf diet. Turned out awesome. We used two blocks of Cadbury Hazelnut Chocolate. Not a pretty slice....but totally delicious. Photo also to be posted