Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious, and a wee bit good for you. Kids love these. You can vary the candy, using different candy bars cut up.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup milk chocolate-covered caramel candie
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup butterscotch chips
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9x13-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Mix flours, baking soda, and salt until well mixed.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy (use an electric mixer.
- Beat in flour mixture.
- Mix in oatmeal.
- Flour hands and press 2/3 of mixture evenly into pan.
- Bake base about 25 minutes until golden.
- Add 1/2 candy to remaining oatmeal mixture.
- Mix well with hands.
- Remove base from oven when done and drizzle condensed milk evenly over hot base.
- Sprinkle with remaining candy, butterscotch chips, and chocolate chips.
- Crumble remaining oatmeal mixture over top.
- bake about 25 minutes until golden brown and edges are bubbly.
- Cool on wire rack, cut into bars.