1 hr 20 mins
Delicious, and a wee bit good for you. Kids love these. You can vary the candy, using different candy bars cut up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup milk chocolate-covered caramel candie
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line a 9x13-inch pan with parchment paper.
- 3Mix flours, baking soda, and salt until well mixed.
- 4Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy (use an electric mixer.
- 5Beat in flour mixture.
- 6Mix in oatmeal.
- 7Flour hands and press 2/3 of mixture evenly into pan.
- 8Bake base about 25 minutes until golden.
- 9Add 1/2 candy to remaining oatmeal mixture.
- 10Mix well with hands.
- 11Remove base from oven when done and drizzle condensed milk evenly over hot base.
- 12Sprinkle with remaining candy, butterscotch chips, and chocolate chips.
- 13Crumble remaining oatmeal mixture over top.
- 14bake about 25 minutes until golden brown and edges are bubbly.
- 15Cool on wire rack, cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.6
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 82.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate-covered caramel candies