Recipe by CDKitchen1
Top Review by BonsterAK
I found this recipe and looked at some of the others on the site and combined ideas to make some modifications. My version came out fantastic, easy, tasty, the best of all worlds for an easy fantastic recipe. Don't use the flour, the caramel sauce, or the coconut. Instead, melt a 14 oz. bag of caramels with 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Make the brownies as directed on box for 20 brownies, bake HALF the recipe for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and pour melted caramel mixture over top, reserving just a little for topping. Put rest of brownie mix on top of caramel carefully, then top with little dabs of caramel sauce. (You'll even have enough caramel sauce to dip some apple slices for your afternoon snack!). Bake remaining time as indicated on brownie mix box, approx. 30-35 minutes or so. Toothpick inserted toward center should come out ALMOST clean. This turned out fantastic, not hard, not underbaked. They're sticky, gooey, and delicious!
- 1 (18 ounce) box brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup water (or as directed on package)
- 2 eggs (or as directed on package)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (or as directed on package)
- 12 ounces caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom of 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on package.
- Spread 2 cups of the brownie mixture in prepared pan.
- Combine caramel topping and flour in bowl; mix well.
- Spread evenly over brownie mixture; sprinkle with coconut.
- Using a spoon, drop remaining brownie mixture on top of caramel layer.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or just until brownies are just done; Do not overbake. Let cool.
- Cut into squares.