Recipe by tazdevilfan
Low-fat and delicious cake recipe.
Top Review by crickert13
Delicious! I was concerned because the batter seemed too watery, but the cake turned out perfect--moist and chocolatey. My cooking time was about 32 minutes.
Will definately make this again as these are ingredients I always have on hand.
I keep going back for "one more little piece!"
Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla for 4 minutes.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- MIx dry ingredients and boiling water into egg mixture alternately, one-third at a time.
- Pour in floured 13 by 9-inch oan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until springs back to touch.