Recipe by zepharum
Another gluten free snack bar recipe. These are quite sweet, but make a wonderful treat for kids. If you prefer them less sweet, substitute corn syrup for the honey. Be sure to double check your label for butterscotch chips, not all brands are gluten free!
- 4 cups puffed rice cereal (GF, I suggest Envirokidz Organic Koala Crisp Cereal)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 cup nutella
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the nutella, corn syrup and honey over medium low heat until smooth and hot.
- Combine with dry ingredients and press into a greased 9X13 pan.
- Chill in fridge for a half hour, then cut into bars.