Recipe by chower415
This is a very rich frosting that isn't too sweet. I use to frost cakes as well as pipe onto cupcakes. It pairs really well with yellow cake. I use less milk if I'm going to pipe on cupcakes, so the consistency is firmer. You can lightly frost 24 cupcakes or liberally frost 12 with this recipe.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat butter on high until it's soft, about 30 seconds until soft.
- Add cocoa powder and powdered sugar and beat until incorporated.
- Add the milk a little at a time as you mix. Stop when you get to your desired consistency -- the more milk you add, the softer it will be.
- Once you have your desired consistency, beat on high for 3 minutes.