Netgirl's Healthy Cookbook's Note:
Adapted from the recipe in Breaking the Food Seduction: The Hidden Reasons Behind Food Cravings---And 7 Steps to End Them Naturally by Neal Barnard, M.D., founder of the Physicians' Committee for Responsible Medicine (www.pcrm.org). It's a great book for people transitioning from the Standard American Diet, even if you don't care to do the three-week diet since it has a lot of information about why we crave certain foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add syrup, peanut butter, cocoa, and oil to a medium saucepan.
- 2Heat over low heat until melted and well combined then remove from heat.
- 3Stir in vanilla.
- 4Stir in crushed rice cakes until mixed well.
- 5Cool mixture until it's not too hot to handle.
- 6Roll into large marble-size balls.
- 7Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bonbons
Serving Size: 1 (7 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.8
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown rice syrup