Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from the recipe in Breaking the Food Seduction: The Hidden Reasons Behind Food Cravings---And 7 Steps to End Them Naturally by Neal Barnard, M.D., founder of the Physicians' Committee for Responsible Medicine (www.pcrm.org). It's a great book for people transitioning from the Standard American Diet, even if you don't care to do the three-week diet since it has a lot of information about why we crave certain foods.
- 2 brown rice cakes, very finely crushed
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1⁄4 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (organic)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add syrup, peanut butter, cocoa, and oil to a medium saucepan.
- Heat over low heat until melted and well combined then remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Stir in crushed rice cakes until mixed well.
- Cool mixture until it's not too hot to handle.
- Roll into large marble-size balls.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.