1/4 Photos of Chocolate Bavarian Torte
My friend Roz found this recipe in the newspaper and it is just delicious. So easy, too. The original recipe called for whipping cream, whipped.. but she used Cool Whip whipped toopping and it was VERY good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix (not pudding in the mix type)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped or 1 (8 ounce) carton cool whip non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- chocolate shavings or cocoa, for garnish
- 1Bake cake layers according to package directions.
- 2Remove from pans.
- 3Let cool.
- 4Split each layer in half.
- 5Cream brown sugar, vanilla, cream cheese and salt until sugar is dissolved and mixture is light and fluffy.
- 6Fold in whipped cream or Cool Whip® topping.
- 7Put one layer on plate.
- 8Top with some of filling.
- 9Add next layer.
- 10Top with more filling.
- 11Add third layer.
- 12Top with more filling.
- 13Add top layer and spread the rest of filling on top.
- 14Garnish with chocolate curls or sprinkle with cocoa.
- 16Note: An easy way to make chocolate curls:.
- 17Melt a cup of chocolate chips with a teaspoon of Crisco shortening and pour (about 1/4-inch thick) on the back of an ungreased cookie sheet or baking pan.
- 18Let it sit until it firms up (don't refrigerate) and then take a spoon and scrape a long line of chocolate.
- 19It will curl as you scrape.
- 20Or use small metal pancake turner to form curls.
- 21Hold pancake turner at 45° angle and scrape chocolate into curls.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bavarian Torte
Serving Size: 1 (1395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5183.1
- Calories from Fat 3013
- Total Fat 334.8 g
- Saturated Fat 176.1 g
- Cholesterol 901.6 mg
- Sodium 5410.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 535.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 338.1 g
- Protein 56.9 g