Recipe by koko-girl
Another great recipe taken from one of my many issues of Good Food magazine. Great as a snack or as a after-dinner dessert!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 4 ounces good-quality chocolate (min.70% cocoa solids)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 orange, zest of (finely grated)
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped (2 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease an 8-inch square shallow pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering wter or in the microwave.
- Remove from heat when the chocolate has melted.
- Beat in the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour, orange zest, apricots and walnuts just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the surface is lightly cracked.
- Let it cool for another 5-10 minutes before cutting into squares.