Chocolate and Apricot Brownies
- Ready In:
- 100 g margarine (low-fat spread suitable for cooking)
- 8 tablespoons cocoa powder (drinking chocolate)
- 4 tablespoons artificial sweetener (splenda granulated)
- 71 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 255 g dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line a 12x18 in baking tin with non-stick baking parchment. Melt the low-fat spread in a pan,remove from the heat and stir in the drinking chocolate, splenda granulated and sugar. Add the eggs and whisk until well blended.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and sir. Chop the apricots, add to the mixture along with the vanilla essence and mix. Pour into the tin and bake for 18-20 minutes or until just set (it will firm up as it cools) While it is still warm, turn the mixture out onto a board and cut into 24 brownies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I have never made brownies before only ever bought them and I felt that they were a bit wet, but this recipe is a bit more cake like, not as wet still very moist, but not too wet for my taste. I liked the chewy bits of apricots in them, and I like the fact that they are a slimming world recipe and a bit lighter than other recipes. I am a diabetic and this recipe I can have a wee bit but next time I might try using more splenda and less sugar just because I would be able to eat more.This is definitely a keeper for me it will satisfy my chocolate craving nicely. Thank you for posting. Made for PAC Spring 2011.