Recipe by Aroostook
Two layers in one bite! I like to top each piece with a walnut half before cutting. A nice gift to give.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 2 baking chocolate squares, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9 x 9 pan.
- Boil first five ingredients together in a heavy bottomed pan to the soft ball stage or 238-240 degrees Stir occasionally to keep from burning.
- Pour half the fudge into a bowl and add nuts and 1-tsp. vanilla.
- Add melted chocolate and 1 tsp.
- vanilla to the half still in the saucepan.
- Beat each half with a wooden spoon until creamy.
- Pour chocolate layer into pan first and spread.
- Pour vanilla layer on top.
- Cool and cut into squares.