4 hrs 35 mins
Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
This is recipe from Aussie restaurateur Bill Granger. Posting here for future reference, coz I tore this recipe out of a newspaper supplementary. Here's what he has to say about it: Saying these slices are rich is a huge understatement - you've been warned!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 90 g butter
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 600 g cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 350 g dark chocolate, melted
- 60 g toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 160 °C and Lightly grease and line a 20cm x 30cm baking tin with non-stick baking paper.
- 2For the biscuit base, place butter, sugar, flour and cocoa powder in a large bowl and rub together with your fingertips until the mixture begins to resemble moist, rough breadcrumbs.
- 3Press the mixture firmly into the base of the prepared tin and chill for 10mins.
- 4Bake for 20 mins then set aside to cool.
- 5Beat together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth, then fold through the chocolate and hazelnuts.
- 6Spoon the mixture over the prepared base, smoothing it out evenly.
- 7Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- 8For the topping, pour the chocolate onto a piece of greaseproof paper and scatter with the hazelnuts.
- 9Chill to set, then roughly chop and scatter over the cheesecake.
- 10Cut into 18 slices & serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate and Hazelnut Cheesecake Slice
Serving Size: 1 (1641 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.8
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 159.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 7.0 g