1 hr 15 mins
If you love chocolate and almonds, you'll love this! A very rich, decadent dessert I serve for special occasions. I imagine the leftovers could be frozen but, I'm not sure as there has never been any left over! Prep time does not include 3-5 hour chilling time.
My Private Note
"9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a 9 inch pie pan with aluminum foil (as smoothly as possible).
- 2Melt 1 cup of morsels with 2 teaspoons butter over medium heat.
- 3Spread melted chocolate evenly in bottom and up sides of pie plate to form the"crust" (shell).
- 4Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile in medium sauce pan, place remaining morsels, butter, condensed milk, and salt.
- 6Cook over low heat till chocolate melts, stirring continuously.
- 7Add water and continue stirring.
- 8Cook for 5 minutes.
- 9While still stirring, add amaretto and cook for 5 more minutes or until mixture thickens.
- 10Cool mixture to room temperature.
- 11Add some of the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture, stirring briskly.
- 12Gently fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
- 13Remove chocolate"crust" from freezer, remove foil from shell.
- 14Pour chocolate mixture into chocolate shell crust.
- 15Chill for at least 3 1/2 hours before serving.
- 16*Slicesmay be garnished with a dollop of whipped cream which can be lightly sprinkled with slivered or crushed almonds.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Amaretto Mousse Pie
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.2
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Sodium 241.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 51.3 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: