Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine the flour and cocoa powder; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter and shortening using an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add in sugar and baking powder; beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in eggs, amaretto, and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer; stir in any remaining flour mixture with a wooden spoon; stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten each piece of dough with a bottom of a glass dipped in additional sugar.
- Bake at 375° oven for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.