Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice snack item enjoyed by everyone. It can be stored in airtight containers and had when desired. Its shelflife is about 2 weeks.
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon peanuts
- 2 teaspoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons cashews
- 1 stalk curry leaf
- 2 green chilies, chopped to 1/2" pieces
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3 -4 pinches citric acid
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- oil (for deep frying)
- Deep fry the cornflakes in hot oil till crisp but not brown.
- Drain and place in a wide plate.
- Repeat for all the cornflakes.
- Next fry the peanuts, curry leaves, cashews, raisins, green chillies, all one at a time.
- Drain all well.
- Add to the fried flakes.
- Sprinkle all the other ingredients over the flakes.
- Mix well till the masala is evenly coated with hands.
- Store in an airtight container.