Recipe by Impera_Magna
Posted in response to a recipe request. Sound yummy to me; I'll be trying them soon!
Top Review by BonnieZ
We really enjoyed this recipe. As each chipotle can have its own level of heat, I would recommend testing before adding the additional pepper flakes. In my case, one chipotle was mild, the other was 5 alarm (both coming from the same can) so I omitted the additional chili flakes. I served this as a side to fajitas, and the leftovers made a perfect burrito filling the next day. Thank you Impera Magna for sharing the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, diced (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until onion is tender and lightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve topped with crumbled Mexican Cheese, Queso Blanco, and sliced green onion or maybe even a dollop of Pico de Gallo.
- NOTE: If you prefer the beans to be milder, saute some chopped bell pepper with the onion and garlic and leave out the red pepper flakes; the Chipotle Peppers add a little heat, but also some yummy smokiness.