Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I TOTALLY stole this recipe from another website. It is so fantastic that I felt I must share it with others.
- 2 lbs skirt steaks
- 1⁄4 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Canned Chili en Adobo
- 1 -3 chipotle pepper (use more peppers if you like the heat)
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- corn tortilla, shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream, lettuce, lime wedges, salsa (not your standard store bought salsa!)
- Puree a single chipotle pepper (not the whole can) + 2 tsp of the adobo sauce with the onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Taste and add more chipotle if needed. Stir in the cilantro. Throw it all in a zip lock bag with the skirt steak for at least 2 hours. Grill medium-rare. Cut the skirt steak into thin strips across the grain. Serve with taco accompaniments.
- Note: I throw the corn tortillas directly on the grill 30 seconds, flip, add cheese, grill 30 seconds, remove. This melts the cheese oh-so-perfectly and chars the tortilla edges just a tiny bit for that crunch. Heating it also takes away some of the "rawness" that corn tortillas have when they are straight out of the bag.
All I can see is AWESOME, the flavors are so good together but be careful with the chipolte as they can be hot. My DH kept wanting to add just one more but I held firm at one and it was just right. This goes together so easy, cooks on the grill quickly and made for one lovely dinner. The only thing I did change was used flour tortillas as that's what I had on hand. Made for Spring PAC 2012