Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
My spin on a recipe from Bev Cooks blog.
Make and share this Chipotle Shrimp Salad Bowls recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4-1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 0.5 (7 1/2 ounce) can chipotle peppers, in adobo sauce minced (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup jasmine rice
- 1⁄2 cup freshly cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of (divided)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, sliced into thin ribbons and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Puree the chipotle peppers and their sauce in a small food processor until smooth. Pour into a small ziplock bag. Dump the shrimp into the baggy and squish the sauce around the shrimp to coated. Refrigerate and marinate for one hour.
- In the meantime, cook the jasmine rice according to directions, but replace a little of the water with the juice from 1/2 the lime juice. Once cooked, give the rice another squeeze of lime juice and gently stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan and add the corn and beans. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, along with the cumin and chili powder. Keep warm until ready to assemble.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat and add the shrimp. No need of oil as the marinade is plenty liquidy. Sear the shrimp one on side for 2 minutes. Flip and sear another minute or until just cooked.
- Evenly divide the romaine over 2 large plates or dinner bowls. Layer with rice, corn and beans, shrimp, avocado and tomatoes. Place chipotle shrimp over the top.
- Garnish with lime and a squeeze of lime juice.