Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Enough marinade for about 1 1/2 - 2 pounds chicken, beef or pork.
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 3-4 canned chipotle peppers
- 29.58 ml adobo sauce, from canned chipotle peppers
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml cumin
- Add all ingredients into the work bowl of a food processor; process until pureed.
- Transfer mixture to a ziploc bag then add meat of choice. Marinade 24 hours.
- VERY IMPORTANT: This marinade contains no salt. Season with salt the marinated meat to taste before grilling.
This is a very good marinade it was a nice blend of flavors. It wasn't too spicy it wasn't too sweet.
The Queen of Chipotle strikes again ( DH's comment!!)....I'd run for the hills if I were you GailAnn...he's packed his bags and booked a flight to the U.S to give a big fat sloppy thank you kiss!!
Made and reviewed as a THANK YOU for tagging in PRMR during the recent TIC-TAC-TOE event.
This was awesome, and made the grilled chicken taste great. I made some adjustments, based on what I had in the house: I used 2 1/2 tsp chipotle chile powder and 2 tsp. dried cilantro. I used this to marinate 6 (5oz.) chicken breasts (though I could have easily used 8) that I grilled for chicken tacos. I marinated the chicken for 22 hours in my fridge, and it was really moist and flavorful. We didn't use salt at all, as we didn't feel they needed any. Thanks for posting this keeper recipe!