1/2 Photos of Chipotle Creamed Corn
This is a recipe that I adopted after Mean Chef (IHHDRO) left the site. His original comments were, "Add a little zest to corn. So simple and tasty." My original review stated, "Thumbs up from my hubby. He loves corn, but I don't prepare it often due to the high carb content. He was in heaven with this recipe. We served it as a side to grilled turkey mignons, grilled sweet potato slices, and a simple salad. I had been lucky to find fresh corn and loved how its sweetness contrasted with the heat of the chipotle. I am sure that he will request this recipe again." We HAVE made this again and again...both with fresh corn in season, and with frozen sweet corn. My husband does love this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons chipotle chiles in adobo, pureed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup red onion (diced into 1/4 inch dice)
- 1 cup zucchini (diced into 1/4 inch dice)
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh-cut is best
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (1 inch pieces)
- 1Prepare Chipotle Cream first- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, cream and pureed chipotle.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- 4Add onion, zucchini and corn; saute until half done, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Add Chipotle Cream and cook until just thickened and coating corn.
- 6Season liberally with salt to taste.
- 7Garnish with chives.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Creamed Corn
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.9
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 24.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo