Recipe by Ms B.
This is a recipe that I adopted after Mean Chef (IHHDRO) left the site. His original comments were, "Add a little zest to corn. So simple and tasty." My original review stated, "Thumbs up from my hubby. He loves corn, but I don't prepare it often due to the high carb content. He was in heaven with this recipe. We served it as a side to grilled turkey mignons, grilled sweet potato slices, and a simple salad. I had been lucky to find fresh corn and loved how its sweetness contrasted with the heat of the chipotle. I am sure that he will request this recipe again." We HAVE made this again and again...both with fresh corn in season, and with frozen sweet corn. My husband does love this.
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons chipotle chiles in adobo, pureed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (diced into 1/4 inch dice)
- 1 cup zucchini (diced into 1/4 inch dice)
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh-cut is best
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (1 inch pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Chipotle Cream first- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, cream and pureed chipotle.
- Set aside.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add onion, zucchini and corn; saute until half done, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Chipotle Cream and cook until just thickened and coating corn.
- Season liberally with salt to taste.
- Garnish with chives.