Recipe by dayla
I got this recipe from Cooking light and it is great. I served with a sourdough baguette and it was the perfect meal. Only 4 points for Weight Watchers. Serving is 1.5 cups.
Top Review by ProfLibertine
I made this for a Memorial Day BBQ as the requisite non-meat entree (mainly so I'd have something to eat) and it was awesome! Even the meat eaters enjoyed it. I was amazed at how quick it was to fix. I did let it simmer on the stove for an extra half hour and I used chipotle powder (because my grocery didn't have the canned pepper) but it still had that rich, smokey chipotle flavor. Nutricious and delicious--this will be a summer staple!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced drained canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained