Recipe by Rhonda *J*
Have not tried this, am posting as a request for recipes using Hershey caramels. Sounds good,though probably quite rich! Are supposed to be excellent for freezing.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (227 g) packagehershey classic caramels
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream or 2 tablespoons light cream
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- For Brownie Base: Melt butter& chocolate chips in large saucepan, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar, eggs& vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder& salt, stirring until smooth.
- Spread batter in greased 8 or 9 inch square cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 mins.or just until set.
- For Topping: While brownie base is baking,heat caramels and cream on low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove brownie from oven.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Spread caramel mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips.
- Bake 5 mins.longer
- Cool completely& cut into squares.
- TIP: Try Hershey Chocolate Filled Classic Caramels for a more chocolate taste.