Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A brownie-like bar with the sweet taste of butterscotch.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300 g butterscotch chips
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, each chopped into 8 pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Beat the butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
- Beat in the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt until blended.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips.
- Spread in a greased 9" x 13" cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chunks over the top and return to the oven for 1 minute to melt the chocolate.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the surface.
- Sprinkle with the chopped pecans.
- Cool and cut into bars.