- 3 cups leftover cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch bite-size cubes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped thickly-sliced ham
Directions See How It's Made
- Break up the cold cooked rice into smaller clumps.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat until a bead of water sizzles and evaporates on contact. Add oil and swirl to coat bottom. Add shallots and bell pepper; stir-fry until fragrant and edges of shallots begin to crisp, about 1 minute. Move shallots and bell peppers to the side, creating a well in the middle. Toss in rice; break up remaining clumps with a spatula.
- Stir in oyster sauce, soy sauce and rice wine. Stir-fry until rice starts to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Add pineapple and ham. Give everything a few quick stirs so that the ham and pineapple are heated through. Transfer to a large bowl or plate and serve hot.