Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
"This is a refreshing and light tasting broccoli salad. Try sprinkling a few sesame or pumpkin seeds on top for a little extra crunch!"
- 2 heads fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Separate broccoli into bite-sized florets. Peel tough skin off stem and qarther it into 2 inch pieces cut slantwise.
- Bring 2 1/2 quarts water, 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon salt to boil. Add broccoli and boil quickly for 1 minute; plunge into cold water to set color; drain and place on platter or in a bowl.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and sugar. Pour mixture over broccoli, toss. This salad can be served hot or cold, your choice!