Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
This recipe is one of my newly adopted ones from zaar. I have not yet tried it, but it sounds wonderful. Seeing as this was an adopted recipe and not one of my own, I appreciate the review. In light of the review I suggest that you cut back on the amount of stir fry sauce, or use one with less salt in it.
- 3 lbs chuck roast, 1 1/2 in thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup low-sodium stir-fry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in dutch oven.
- Add meat and brown on both sides.
- Combine stir-fry sauce with wine and pour over meat.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour 40 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and simmer, covered, another 15 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup Water.
- Remove meat to platter and keep warm.
- Add cornstarch mixture to pan juices; cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens lightly.
- To serve, cut meat across grain into thin slices and serve with the mushroom gravy.