Recipe by Perfect Pixie
This is a great starter or perfect as a main with some rice and stir fried vegetables, get the kids to help to, it's great fun.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 1⁄2 cm piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 500 g ground lean pork
- 220 g water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 5 spring onions, trimmed and sliced (1 bunch)
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 iceberg lettuce, leaves separated and blanched
- hoisin sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large wok or frying pan.
- Add the ginger, garlic and pork mince.
- Cook for 8 minutes, turning and stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- Add the water chestnuts and spring onions.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in dark soy sauce and Chinese five spice.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Spoon pork mixture into blanched lettuce leaves.
- Pour over a little hoisin sauce to taste.
- Wrap up leaves.