These lovely light pancakes are great with duck, and contain no egg or dairy
Make and share this Chinese Pancakes - No Egg or Milk recipe from Food.com.
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl, add the water and mix until they form a dough.
- Knead lightly on a floured surface and divide into 12 equal pieces.
- Roll out into circles the size of tea plates.
- Lightly brush the surface of 6 circles with the oil on one side.
- Cover each one carefully with another circle and roll out gently.
- Fry the pancakes in a dry frying –pan or griddle over a medium heat for 3 -4 minutes, turning once, until firm but not too brown.
- Cool for a few minutes then peel the pancakes apart.
- They can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container until needed.