Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These lovely light pancakes are great with duck, and contain no egg or dairy
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl, add the water and mix until they form a dough.
- Knead lightly on a floured surface and divide into 12 equal pieces.
- Roll out into circles the size of tea plates.
- Lightly brush the surface of 6 circles with the oil on one side.
- Cover each one carefully with another circle and roll out gently.
- Fry the pancakes in a dry frying –pan or griddle over a medium heat for 3 -4 minutes, turning once, until firm but not too brown.
- Cool for a few minutes then peel the pancakes apart.
- They can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container until needed.
Wow, these are simply great! They taste like fried flour tortillas. We didn't make the 'pairs' of cakes, we just fried them individually. We sprinkled them with some Chai Spice Seasoning when they were done and served them with pork chops and salad. We used the pancakes to sop up the flavors off the plate and it was even more scruptious! These are so simple to put together, we will be making these from now on probably whenever we're frying foods that night. Thanks for a super easy and WOW recipe. :)