Recipe by InnerHarmonyNutrition
This recipe was inspired by California Pizza Kitchen’s Chinese Chicken Salad. I made it gluten-free and eliminated the chicken, but if you eat chicken, you can add a barbecued chicken on top and make it a main dish. When you chop an entire napa cabbage, it may seem like a lot, but once you add the dressing, it wilts down. I used both black and white sesame seeds, but if you have only one kind, you can just double the amount. For more healthy gluten-free, low-GI, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog: www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- 1 napa cabbage, sliced thin
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 1⁄2 cups green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 12 large basil leaves, julienned (optional)
- 4 tablespoons sunflower seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 5 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (or 1 Tbsp Chinese hot mustard)
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (I used almond butter)
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons other liquid sweetener
- 1 tablespoon hot chili paste
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a very large bowl, mix all the vegetables, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 11 ingredients from garlic to black pepper for the dressing.
- Pour the dressing on the salad and mix well. Set aside to let it wilt for 30 minutes.
- Infuse love and serve!