Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This was my mother's recipe; I don't know where she found it but it was a staple when I was a kid. I know there are other recipes for Chinese Hamburger Hash on the 'zaar, but not with these proportions.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 onions
- 5 stalks celery (about same amount as onions)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) can chinese noodles
- Brown meat, add onions & celery.
- Add remaining ingredients (except noodles).
- Place in greased casserole & cover.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350.
- Remove cover, bake 30 minutes more.
- Cover with noodles - bake 15 minutes more.
This is a simple recipe to throw together and would definitely qualify as comfort food. I used ground turkey and I felt that substitution made it a little dry, next time I will add more liquid. I also felt it was a little bland, will have to think what to add next time to step it up a notch. My DH really liked it.
Having made your mom's recipe#310296 and already a repeat I decided to try another. I liked this - seems some thought I had forgot to add green peppers. Next time around will add in green peppers for added flavor - and use a touch less of the soy sauce. Served with a green salad this made for a quick and easy casserole and comfort food on a cold windy day here on the prairies. Thank you Jessie.
I have made this twice (once on stove top). I baked it for only half an hour. The teens like this recipe, too! Thanks Jessie, for posting. Roxygirl