Sausage, Potatoes and Peas
photo by Brittney R.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 6 Italian sausages, turkey sausage would be fine in this (hot or sweet)
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet peas
- 3 -4 potatoes, cut in 1-inch chunks, I HAVE USED CANNED POTATOES, BUT MUCH BETTER WITH REAL THING
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (i use low sodium)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup butter (optional) or 1/4 cup margarine (optional)
- parsley, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Spread sausage links, potatoes and peas in 13 x 9 baking dish.
- in saucepan over medium heat mix rest of ingredients until boullion cube is dissolved.
- pour over sausage, potatoes and peas.
- cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- bake in 350 degree oven 45 minutes to 1 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I needed a reminder on how to make this and this recipe was perfect! My mom always made this for us growing up. She didn't even add any broth and it was still good. I never thought about it being an old Italian recipe, but since we're Italian, I bet you're right! Everyone always loves it. Thanks for sharing.
LOVE this recipe! It's super easy to make and scrumptious as can be! To make it a little healthier, I usually use 3 sweet potatoes and 1 russet (skin on or off), but no matter what you do it's delicious. I even added a can of chicken broth once which made it more like a stew - so good! This is just a warm, comforting dish that never disappoints... Thank you for sharing!
Oh wow this is a great recipe! Comfort food at its best, easy to make and only 1 pan! I made a single serving using 1 sweet Italian turkey sausage, 1 small potato, and an 8oz can of peas. The broth with the herbs added such great flavor to this. Terrific recipe - thanks for sharing a keeper! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2011
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
HI, I LIVE IN NEW BRITAIN CONNECTICUT, BUT WE ALSO OWN A SUMMER HOME IN THE PENOBSCOT BAY AREA OF MAINE (BROOKSVILLE) WHERE MY HUSBANDS FAMILY IS FROM. <br>I WORK AS A MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK, AT A HOSPITAL IN NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT. <br>I COLLECT OLD COOKBOOKS, MY EARLIEST BEING FROM THE EARLY 1800'S. <br>I HAVE 2 ADULT CHILDREN,CHRISSI AND JASON. JASON IS A CULINARY ARTS STUDENT AND COOKS AT A WELL KNOWN RESTAURANT IN CONNECTICUT.