Recipe by Seasoned Cook
BETTER than take-out!!! Flavors blend well and are delicious! The keys to success for this recipe is using COLD rice, otherwise it will be sticky. Also, for good flavor, sesame oil must be used. I have on occasion used either pork or chicken in this recipe which has been finely chopped. We could eat this dish every day!!!
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was very good. The recipe calls for salt but it doesn't say where to use it so I didn't add it. I didn't have rice cooked so cooked rice in the microwave and let it cool. I didn't have bouillon so I used chicken broth and used 1/4 cup of onion as I didn't have green onions. I also had shredded carrots so used about a cup of those. Liked this for dinner and cold.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- On low heat place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in large saucepan or wok. Cook beaten egg briefly, breaking into pieces. Remove and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive to saucepan or wok. Add onions, carrot and peas. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Dissolve chicken bouillon cube in the 2 tablespoons water. Place in pan and add cold rice, garlic powder, soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss lightly to mix well and heat for 3 minutes. Add in egg pieces and mix.
- Additional soy sauce may be added to taste. (One cup of finely chopped pork or chicken pieces may be added.)
- Serve and enjoy!