Recipe by ellie_
Only 3 points plus. Recipe source WW Just 5 Cookbook.
Top Review by duonyte
This is a good flavored, mild soup that is sure to please all. I did reduce the cornstarch to about 1 tbl or so - I like a bit of body to the soup, but 3 tbl seemed to be too much. I also added chopped scallions, I think they work very well with this type of soup. I also added some rehydrated sliced shiitake mushrooms, almost more like a garnish, but it does also add flavor. You could also add some shredded carrot or snow peas for interest. I like to beat up the eggs fairly well, and swirl them in, leaving the strands rather long.Thanks for posting!
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan bring broth to a boil over medium heat.
- Whisk cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a small cup until smooth; and then whisk mixture into broth. Simmer until soup thickens (2-5 minutes). Reduce heat.
- Drizzle eggs into soup while stirring quickly and cook for one mintute and then stir in vinegar.
- Heat peas according to package directions and then divide into 4 bowls. Ladle soup over the peas.