Recipe by Diva Sarah
This salad is cool and refreshing. Do not add dressing until you are ready to serve. This will keep your salad crisp and delicious. Enjoy!
- 3 chicken breasts
- fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 3 -6 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 8 3⁄4 ounces rice vermicelli (chinese mei fun)
- oil, for frying
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken breasts in water with sliced fresh ginger for about 20 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Shred into small pieces when cooled.
- Chop lettuce and green onions. Add to large bowl.
- Toast almonds and sesame seeds in a dry skillet until golden brown. Take care not to burn. Set aside to cool.
- Add cooled almonds and sesame seeds to lettuce.
- Heat oil in deep pan to fry rice vermicelli noodles.
- Fry a small amount at a time until puffed and crisp.
- Place on a plate with paper towels to drain.
- Add noodles to lettuce when cool.
- Combine all dressing ingredients, except oil, in a small pan.
- Cook over low heat until dissolved.
- Whisk in oil after cooking.
- Toss with salad and serve.