Recipe by Kzim4
Yet another recipe from my mom. Definitely not the "real deal", but so good! Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by Hill Family
This recipe couldn't have been easier, however lacked flavor. We spiced it up with Hoisin and Jerk sauce - 1 tbsp each. In addition to that the sauce didn't really thicken up. I will use the basics of this recipe and experiment more.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Chinese vegetables (bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, snow peas are all good)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken thinly; place into gallon size ziplock bag with soy sauce and garlic.
- Shake to coat all chicken.
- Let marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Longer is OK.
- Heat oil in wok or large frying pan over medium-high to high heat.
- Add chicken and marinade to pan and cook thoroughly.
- Combine water, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- Add to chicken.
- Bring to boil.
- Add vegetables.
- Heat through.
- Serve over rice.