Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the 'Oriental Menu Planner'
- 2 apples
- 200 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 20 g cornflour
- 10 g custard powder
- 120 g caster sugar
- 40 ml water
- oil (for frying)
- ice water, for dipping
- Peel and remove the seeds from the apple, cut into slices.
- Make a thick batter by mixing together flour, egg, cornflour, custard powder and water.
- Heal oil in a wok, dip the apple slices in the batter and deep fry. Remove, drain excess oil.
- In a separate wok, heat sugar along with a little oil and water till it reaches a thread-like consistency.
- Dip the apple slices in the sugar syrup to coat evenly.
- Remove carefully from the sugar syrup and dip in ice water for a minute.
- Serve immediately.