Chinese Dried Fig, Apple and Almond Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
One of my favorites.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 1⁄4 cup chinese almonds (nom hung)
- 4 -5 chinese almonds (buck hung)
- 3 medium Red Delicious apples, unpeeled
- 8 ounces pork loin, well trimmed
- 10 chinese dried figs, rinsed
- Rinse almonds in several changes of cold water. Soak almonds in 1/2 cup cold water overnight to soften almonds.
- Core apples and cut into 1-inch-thick wedges.
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil over high heat. Add pork and return to a boil, skimming any scum that forms. Add the apple wedges, dried figs, almonds and their soaking water.
- Return to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 3 hours.
- Serve piping hot (no more than 1 1/2 cups per person).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION