1 hr 10 mins
This is a copycat recipe from China Lane.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large broccoli, crown cut up into florets
- 8 slices bamboo shoots
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small egg white
- 1Cut chicken on the bias and put pieces into a small bowl.
- 2For the marinade, add salt and water to chicken and mix in by hand.
- 3Add cornstarch and blend until completely dissolved.
- 4Combine vegetable oil with egg white and add to chicken mixture.
- 5Let chicken soak in the mixture for half an hour.
- 6For the sauce, combine chicken seasoning, salt, sugar, freshly minced garlic, dried fried onion bits, chicken broth and cornstarch.
- 7In a large pot of boiling water, blanch broccoli, bamboo shoots, carrots and the marinated chicken, about 30 seconds.
- 8Drain chicken and vegetables.
- 9In an oil-coated wok over medium-high heat, bring sauce mixture to a soft boil.
- 10Add chicken and vegetables.
- 11Season with white pepper and sesame oil to taste.
- 12Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for China Lane's Chicken and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 810.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: